Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Happy Valentine for Jesse!

Jesse pleasantly surprised me today, it was a balmy 55 degrees in Iowa on this Valentines Day, so we hit the dog park,.....

When we arrived, there were about a dozen dogs already there, I was a little nervous after what had happened last weekend ,when we had 2 overnight house guests, two little Brittnay's,....Jesse made it very clear that she did not approve of them in her house.

Which I have totally chalked up tp my own fault,...I wasn't thinking as I brought the two pups into the house, ...Into Jesse's territory,....Jesse had not seen me all day, and had been boarded all day at my vets, since I had to go out of town, and she was scheduled for her Health cert. Visit later on in the day,..


With her upcoming transport, I thought it only right that I disclose this information to the transporters,.....That Jesse had a fear/aggression issue with strange dogs,......

After today ,seems I may have jumped the gun, since we got Jesse, after Thanksgiving and we have not had a chance to get to the dog park when there are other dogs around to actually test her temperament,...

I took several photo's of Jesse interacting with the dogs that were there today, notice her body posture, she is very submissive, her tail wagged the whole time, when they got a little too close she would high tail it back to me, for a second ,and try another attempt to join them, not one growl, bark, or a raised hackle,.....

I was extremely proud of our girl today..
I will still send along a crate with her anyway, just in case.